Proudly made in the U.S.A. Patent Pending
The Galileo II(a) Adapter's sleek telescoping design:
- Extends and retracts with the movement of the camera lens. Safely releases the lens when the camera is powered off. No user intervention required.
- Is more durable and aesthetically pleasing than the cumbersome Sony supplied 74mm adapter. Threads machined into cast plastic of this grade wear out quickly and become prone to cross threading.
- Adds versatility and alternatives to Sony's limited selection of 74mm accessories. Allows use of most H1, H2 and H5 58mm accessories (with the exception being the Sony VCL-DH0758 wide angle converter, due to vignetting).
- Allows use of 58mm or larger filters without vignetting throughout the entire zoom range. No other H9 compatible adapter on the market can make this claim.
- Can be installed full-time. Adding a UV or Clear filter protects the H9 lens from dirt, dust, and scratches.
- Does not effect the function of the focus assist beam.
- Minimizes the shadowing evident at wide angle when using the onboard flash with the Sony adapter.
- Made from high quality aluminum alloy. Surface of each tube is hardened to minimize scratches and wear.
View Installation and Operation Sheet
Side by side comparison of the 58mm Galileo II(a) and Sony supplied 74mm adapter
The Galileo II(a) adapter is now in stock and available for purchase. The II(a) solves the "outer tube sliding back and forth due to gravity " issue that occured with the Galileo II when the camera was powered off. Price is $49.
|Delrin Collar for teleconverter use $12.00
The collar makes the adapter rigid to support the weight
of the teleconverter and keep it on the same horizontal
plane as the camera lens. Conveniently stores over the camera
barrel when not in use.
58mm Tethered Lens Cap $6.50
The optional delrin collar stored on the lens barrel (below left) and supporting a teleconverter (below right).